Wednesday 16 January 2013

Eau Thermale Avène : Extremely Gentle Cleanser and Skin Recovery Cream

In the chillier months of the year, I find my skin is sensitive and more prone to redness and dry patches. Needing a lot more TLC than usual, I reach for more gentle products, that don't strip my skin of the little moisture it has left. My favourite super-sensitive cleanser and moisturiser duo are from Eau Thermale Avène, having just repurchased - I thought I'd write a quick post.

Eau Thermale Avène Extremely Gentle Cleanser is just what it says it is, this cleansing milk is, gentle. The formula is oil-free and more of a liquid than a cream - which you would expect, as the highest ranking ingredient is the spring water it's named after. It feels refreshing to massage into the skin, melting away make up. It's a rinse-free formula, so just needs wiped away with some cotton wool, leaving the skin soothed and moisturised. It's also gentle enough to use to remove eye make up, so no need to use a separate product. As someone with sensitive skin, I really rate this product, I like the fact it is soap free and made from mainly natural ingredients. The only bad thing I have to say about this product is it can take more than one application if you wear a lot of make up. I find after just one, I do need to repeat the cleansing process to get rid of every last scrap of make up.

I tend to use Eau Thermale Avène Skin Recovery Cream alongside the Extremely Gentle Cleanser. I find when I do need to be a bit more careful about what products I'm using, this is the perfect duo to calm and soothe any irritation. This is a rich and hydrating cream, that aims to restore the skins natural moisture levels. I definitely see a difference in my skin when I use this as a moisturiser, I haven't noticed to have any impact on redness, but it does make my skin soft and supple. I probably wouldn't use this cream if your skin type is more on the oily side, it's definitely more suited to the drier complexion due to the richness of the formula. As above, I only have one negative - the lack of an SPF sways me to use this as a night cream, I'd just prefer my day moisturiser to offer UV protection. Saying that, Eau Thermale Avène do have daily moisturisers with sun protection, so I should probably invest.

In all, having sensitive skin is a bit of a bore at any time of the year, I think this is a fabulous brand for those with suffer with issues such as dryness and irritability, especially in winter. Do you have any recommendations to combat any dreaded winter skin problems?


No comments:

Post a Comment