Monday 21 January 2013

Hocus Focus - Another Shining Star from Soap and Glory

I bought this on a whim, well, who wouldn't take advantage of a 3 for 2 offer in Boots? Even though I chose it in lunch hour haste, I was not disappointed. Soap and Glory's Hocus Focus says it gives a 'blast of brillance' to tired skin - check. It promises 'an instant visual flaw-softening lotion' - check, and to 'diffuse the appearance of large pores, wrinkles and uneven pigmentation' - check. It's a liquid skin brightener, with the most pearlescent shimmering effect.

The colour looks a bit scary when it comes out of the bottle (which, by the way, has a handy pump that dispenses just the right amount), it's quite white, very iridescent and very runny, but when applied to the skin, it's soft, glowy and just gorgeous. I tend to mix one or two pumps with my foundation, which instantly gives me a healthy looking glow to my skin, much needed at this time of year when I'm looking a bit grey around the gills.

This product is also a great highlighter, you only need to use a little, adding the perfect luminosity to the cheekbones. As with all the Soap and Glory products I have tried, Hocus Focus smells amazing, lightly scented with rose and bergamot, for those aren't keen on strong-smelling make up, don't fear, you don't notice when it's applied, the shimmer is much longer lasting than the fragrance. This is a super-duper product and certainly makes me feel and look much brighter on a dull winter morning!


2 comments:

  1. I love soap and glory and I love anything that will make my skin glow! I bought MAC strobe lotion (think its called that without looking) which is similar but it is nice to know there is a lower priced version by a good brand that works just as well.

    Nicki

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not tried strobe from MAC, I just love the brand though! I'd recommend you give Hocus Focus a go, it's an amazing product and I think it's on offer on Boots online at the minute. :)

      Delete