Monday 25 February 2013

Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation

You may have noticed – I have a bit of an obsession with foundations. I feel if my skin looks good, then then everything else is just a finishing touch. That in mind, I buy way too many and am always searching for the perfect one. I purchased MAC Studio Sculpt a few months ago, it was pay day, I found myself in the MAC store and left with this in a shopping bag. Oops. I have a lot of light / medium coverage foundations, I'm not an Estée Lauder Double Wear kind of girl, my skin just can't take it. Saying that, I was looking for a new foundation with a higher coverage than i normally opt for as I was suffering a bit of hormonal breakout. I read a few reviews on Studio Sculpt and had to try it out.

Having previously asked for a sample of Studio Sculpt from MAC, I was colour matched with NC20 - not as alabaster as I'd like in February, but I'd say the best match in this line for my skin tone. This first thing I noticed about this foundation is the consistency - it's a lot thicker and more creamy than I would normally go for. I don't need a lot, just a pea-sized amount will suffice for my whole face. I find the only way to apply this is by using a buffing brush - in order not to look 'cakey', you do need to spend a bit of time really buffing this well into the skin, the result is a flawless, satin finish. It's definitely a medium to full coverage and quite moisturising – it is buildable, though I don't find I need to layer as I get enough coverage with just a small amount. I can feel it on my skin, but I would expect that with a foundation that claims it's water resistant and long-lasting. I find I get a full days wear, it's still in tact at the end of the day - even in places where my skin tends to get shiny, mostly on my chin and nose, this improves even more when I use a light translucent powder. Being a fair-skinned celt, an SPF is a necessity for me, this foundation has SPF 15. If you are looking for good medium to full coverage foundation, I would give this a go! Do you have any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment