Friday 15 February 2013

Maybelline Volum' Express ® The Rocket™ Mascara

Mascara is one of my lesser bought beauty products. I find one I like and stick to it, having been hugely disappointed in the past. I have two clear faves: high end - Benefit They're Real and high street - Maybelline Volum' Express ® The Falsies Flared™ Mascara. Both amazing, lengthening, flattering wonder products. So, when I went to repurchase the latter, I was taken over by my inner-economist on seeing an offer on Maybelline Volum' Express ® The Rocket™ Mascara. Given how much I LOVE Falsies, I thought I'd embrace this new addition with the same affection - I could not have been more wrong. Here I think it's fair to say that I was the fool - this mascara promises more in the way of volume than length, which it does adequately. It's brush is one of those hard plastic types and has very short bristles making it hard to remove excess product from. It's formula is fine, nothing special and requires the normal two coats I would use with most mascaras. I also find it takes a bit too long to set, leaving me with black marks under my eyes that I then have to try and remove without smudging my make up. On a plus, I found clumping has not been a problem and its pretty easy to remove at the end of the day, even with a gentle cleanser. In all, not bad just a bit, well...meh. I'll be sticking with my old faithfuls for the time being. Have you tried this product? I'd love to hear your thoughts.



4 comments:

  1. Everyone keeps hyping this product - I can't wait to try it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was disappointed not to love it. Maybelline The Falsies is amazing though - I'm sticking to that for now! :-)

      Delete
  2. I say if you've found your perfect mascara stick to it. I'm still finding mine. Don't think I'll be trying this anytime soon though. Thank you for the review.

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindsey! If it's volume not length you are after, give this a go, I'd definitely recommend The Falsies by Maybelline - it's gives the most amazing length to my lashes, you are right - sometimes it's better to stick to what you know! :)

      Delete