Monday 18 February 2013

Old favourites: Benefit and Nars Blushes

Benefit Coralista
This is not a new product and probably resides in the the majority of beauty enthusiasts make up bags, however, it is a goody. Many a pallid and washed-out day have been saved by it's gorgeous peachy coral glow. Coralista is super-pigmented, with a subtle golden shimmer - adding light and life to my sorry February complexion, lasting all day. I'd say the shade will suit most skin tones, and can be layered for depth of colour. As with all Benefit products, the packaging is fun and original, slightly chunky to keep as a staple in my make-up bag. I have the older version - which I think has slightly more product but no mirror in the lid of the box. I don't find the brushes particularly great, I tend to keep them but never use them. If you don't have this in your blush collection, I would definitely recommend it - it's my go-to glow for a grey day.

Nars Orgasam
Again, this is a much-hyped cult product, it has received a whole lot of love from many a beauty blogger. This divine blush gives a healthy flush to the cheeks, the most perfect pink glow. It's uber-pigmented, with a golden under tone that catches the light. This is a blush and highlighter all in one when worn higher on the cheek bones. The staying power is great - it last all day. My one and only peeve about this product is its packaging - the simplicity of it is sleek, though the rubbery texture its made from gets grubby so easily. Saying that, it fits easily into my make up bag and has a handy mirror in the lid. I held off buying this, trying other Nars blushes instead, I really don't know why I waited as it is just fabulous.




No comments:

Post a Comment