Tuesday 5 March 2013

Budget-Friendly Skincare from Nivea

We've all been there – spending what feels like an age trying to remove stubborn mascara, sometimes it just will not budge. As I see the years rack up, I am becoming much more conscious about the delicate skin around my eyes, dragging a cotton wool pad relentlessly over mascara clad lashes is just something I simply do not do and the use of an eye cream has become part of my daily skincare routine. If you have a similar philosophy, these two budget-friendly buys from Nivea will see you right.

Nivea Visage Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover
I LOVE this product. Nivea® Daily essentials Double Effective Eye Make-up Remover has a 'two-phase extra strength formula' and is suitable for all skin types. It really does the job and doesn't sting the sensitive skin around my eyes. Give it a good old shake and the two parts mix resulting in a refreshing formula, that when applied to a cotton wool pad and wiped gently across the eye, removes every last scrap of mascara and doesn't leave you with the oily residue some other eye make up removers do. For extra stubborn waterproof mascara, I tend to lightly press a soaked cotton wool pad and after a few seconds it just melts away! At £3.29 from Boots, this is a real bargain.

Nivea Visage Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream
The next from the Nivea line-up is an eye cream, I'm not ancient, nor am I massively into anti-aging products, but as I get older I am particularly conscientious of dreaded crows-feet and fine lines appearing around my eyes (who isn't just a little bit worried?). I believe that taking care of yourself – getting plenty of sleep, eating well and staying hydrated play a bigger factor in the anti-aging process, but as most beauty addicts, I am a sucker for a product. This eye cream is light and refreshing - you only need a little, patting under the eyes and gently towards the nose, overloading this area of the face with any product won't do you any favours. It leaves the skin under the eyes soft, smooth and moisturised. Whilst any fine lines I have around my eyes have definitely not disappeared and I do still require a touch of concealer for dark circles - my eyes do feel happier. Who knows, maybe with more prolonged use, I might even look younger! I bought this for around the £10 mark in Boots, much more purse friendly than most eye creams on the shelves.

Have you got any skincare recommendations for the eyes?


No comments:

Post a Comment